Saturday, September 25, 2010

A little background on Dan Sebring

About Dan

The middle child of 5, my father was the church organist and my mother was the Pulaski High School class of ’51 valedictorian. I’m a 53 year old Republican Candidate who is running against Gwen Moore for the 4th Congressional District Seat in 2010. My vision is not about Democrat and Republican, but about doing what’s right for the community. As a small business owner, I know what it’s like to feel the pinch of higher taxes, soaring cost of living, and living day by day on the brink of financial disaster.
My run for Congress began in the late summer of 2008. As a watchful citizen I realized the incumbent was running unopposed. Normally this is not cause for concern, but as my taxes continued to climb, job losses were beginning to mount, and with all of this taking a direct toll on my business, I began my quest for Washington as an underdog write-in candidate. Below is a little bit about me.
  • 53 years old
  • Can trace roots back to the Mayflower
  • Small business owner in Milwaukee since 1993
  • Former volunteer firefighter in the city of New Berlin
  • Navy veteran assigned to the Chief of Naval Operations Intelligence staff at the Pentagon
  • 2008 Write-In Candidate
  • Obtained 483 votes during a 6-week write in campaign

Navy Veteran

I’m a United States Navy Veteran who has served on the Chief of Naval Operations Intelligence Staff at the Pentagon during the Reagan Administration. An era which included the Grenada Rescue Operation. While I’m not at liberty to discuss the details of my time at the Pentagon, I can tell you that it’s not an assignment they give to just anybody.  I was in a position of considerable responsibility during a time of uncertainty in our nations history. I was frequently in contact with some of the most powerful people leading our nation during the Reagan Administration.  People like Secretary of the Navy John Lehman, Secretary of Defense Casper Weinberger, former Speaker of the House the late Tip O’Neill, and former Deputy Director of Military Affiars for the National Security Counsel Lt. Col. Oliver North (ret).
 Additionally, unlike most sailors, I have a letter of commendation from the Army Chief of Staff for my participation in the internment of the Vietnam Unknown Soldier.
I’m no stranger to working in the politically charged atmosphere of Washington, D.C.  I was also assigned to the Naval Air Reconnaissance Center – Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
My days in the Navy were punctuated by butting heads with over zealous higher ups who were constantly exceeding their authority. They needed reigning in – and I was always up to the task.
  • Years of Service
    • 1983-1987
  • Assignments
    • Naval Air Reconnaissance Control Center – Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
    • Chief of Naval Operations Special Intelligence Staff – The Pentagon
  • Commendations
    • Army Letter of Appreciation

No comments:

Post a Comment